Saturday, July 7, 2007

Movie Review: Evan Almighty

*** MIGTH CONTAIN SPOILERS! ***

Featuring: Steve Carell, Morgan Freeman, Lauren Graham, John Goodman

Genre: comedy

Plot: God asks a congressman, of all people, to build a huge ark to save a couple of hundreds of people who wouldn’t have been there in the first place if it hadn’t been for that ark

Acting: Morgan Freeman was good as ever

Drama: a fashion dilemma?

Action: ark ride

Funny: the animals were and a few of Carell’s reactions

Visuals: the ark the flood and the ride

Soundtrack: oldies but not bad just cheesy

Comments: I’m one of the few people who found The 40 Years Virgin to be a waste of my time and I also don’t like Jim Carrey at all so I had no hopes to like this movie. The only reason I saw it was because of Morgan Freeman, which by the way gets way too little screen time. Like with most sequels this one goes bigger too, unfortunately the plot doesn’t exactly hold in many places. Can you actually imagine all the windows being open in Washington for the birds to fly in when all the offices there are actually running on air conditioning? And if I was the wife I would have had him committed long before that. Really, we need a more modern God who keeps up with the advances of our society or we’re all doomed.

Rating: 3/5

No comments: