Friday, November 30, 2007

Movie Review: The Mist

*** MIGTH CONTAIN SPOILERS! ***

Featuring: Thomas Jane, Marcia Gay Harden, Laurie Holden, Andre Braugher

Genre: horror, thriller, sci fi

Plot: creatures from the mist take over the world

Acting: believable

Drama: survival is at stake

Action: fights with the beasts

Funny: not at all

Visuals: disgusting… horror freaks will have a ball

Soundtrack: -

Official website: http://www.themist-movie.com/

Comments: I’ve never read one of Stephen King’s book, I started one a few years ago and then I put it away and never finished it, it was just not my cup of tea. Oddly enough I’ve always liked the movies made after his books. It’s the only reason way I watched The Mist. Maybe I shouldn’t have. It left me with a shaken up feeling that I found it hard to get rid of. The way I remember it King’s movie used to be more about the psychology of fear, a feature that still remains, and less about the actual violence. Well, except for maybe the Children of the Corn series. You want to see monsters and people ripped in half? There you go. And here’s some more. Beside the fact that it portrays normal human reactions, as bad as these may be, and you know from the start that nothing good can happen on the way, after all it is a King movie, nothing can prepare for the ending. Who on earth wants to see cutie Thomas Jane with that bovine look of his suffer to no end even after the movie ends? It makes no sense and even in the context of the movie it doesn’t make any. And I would say more but I don’t want to spoil it for everyone else, so see it for yourself… if you dare.

Rating: 3/5

No comments: