Thursday, December 20, 2007

Movie Review: I Am Legend

*** MIGTH CONTAIN SPOILERS! ***

Featuring: Will Smith

Genre: action, sci fi

Plot: human kind turned into monsters by virus, only one man fights to find a cure

Acting: for a one man show Will Smith does it pretty well

Drama: monsters are taking over the world

Action: not so much though there are some fights/chases with the monsters

Funny: oh yeah… like in the video store when he talks to the dummies

Visuals: New York deserted

Soundtrack: don’t remember even having one

Official website: http://iamlegend.warnerbros.com/

Comments: I don’t know what I was expecting, but there was a lot of hype about this movie before coming out. Well… Let’s not bad mouth it too much. Or let’s. There’s little dialogue in this movie and while this isn’t a problem really I would have liked it to have a little more explaining done… at least for those of us who haven’t read the book. There’s tons of discrepancies given the time and circumstances, not sure whether it was the screenplay writer or the director’s fault but I wonder how come the other 100+ people involved in the production didn’t notice any of them. The first three quarters of the movie it’s a rather decent one and not really bad but then things just got all wrong and with no reason. The ending was a big let down, even I could have come up with a better one. Come to think of it I don’t have to tire my brain at all cause he could have escape the same way the woman and the kid did. And did the dog really have to die? I know it was expected from the start but still…

Rating: 3/5

No comments: