Friday, July 18, 2008

Movie Review: Sex and the City

*** MIGTH CONTAIN SPOILERS! ***

Featuring: Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon, Chris Noth

Genre: romance, comedy, drama

Plot: We all have our problems but each girl deserves her happy-ending.

Official website: http://www.sexandthecitymovie.com/

Comments: It was the day before my vacation and I wanted to treat myself with something light that didn’t imply too much thinking or require much attention so I chose a typical chick flick. I must have seen half a dozen of episodes over the years, and while the show was sort of fun on occasions I didn’t have the patience or interest to follow it and watch more. The girls were funny and I got to look at great dresses, well, except for the wedding outfits, those were horrible, so during the first half an hour I thought that watching the movie instead of the entire show was a good idea, I got the full experience in two hours tops. Only that it was longer than that and once it started to drag it felt even longer, like a six season show longer. I was glad when it ended! But it did have the expected happy-end and, like I said, great dresses… enough is enough though, no sequels, please!

Rating: 6/10

No comments: