Thursday, February 5, 2009

Movie Review: Gran Torino




























*** MIGTH CONTAIN SPOILERS! ***

Featuring:
Clint Eastwood, Bee Vang, Ahney Her

Genre: drama

Plot: Old war veteran widower takes under his wing young Asian teenager who tried to steal his Gran Torino.

Official website: http://www.thegrantorino.com/

Comments: The first three quarters of the movie are quite enjoyable, but we should have known better. We get a feeling that things will go horribly wrong once the boy is attacked, I didn’t expected them to go that way though. When the girl returned home it made my stomach turn. I consider myself tough enough but I don’t have the stomach to watch it again due to that one particular scene. Also the ending while I suppose it was made that way to send a message it was totally anti-climatic. Clint Eastwood does a great job portraying the grumpy old man, but I can’t help feeling that in a way it’s a more modern remake of the Unforgiven. And what happened with the car? Who cares what happened with the car?!

Rating: 8/10

Gran Torino Trailer



No comments: