Monday, June 6, 2011

Le Temps des... Musicals

Because it's almost summer, it's hot, and I'm writing a love story (really? me? something must be wrong with me :P), I've been listening mainly to musicals lately. French musicals. Notre Dame de Paris (original Paris cast & Mogador Theater cast), Autant en emporte le vent, Romeo et Juliette (De la haine a l'amour & Les enfants de Verone). Dunno why in French they're called "comedies musicales" when they're all tragedies, but whatever. And, yes, I know it's not a good idea because they leave you all depressed, first because there's no happy ending, and second because whenever you try to sing along your voice can never go as high as the singers' do. At least mine doesn't. Anyway my playlist looks something like this:

Notre Dame de Paris














Autant en emporte le vent















Romeo et Juliette














And to end a few ballads from The Fairchilds' Our Revolution album: Unbreakable, High, Turn Back Time.

Yep, you can start weeping now! :)

No comments: