Sunday, July 31, 2011

2011 July Reading List

Jailbird by Kurt Vonnegut – Hmm, I don’t think I’m a Vonnegut fan. 3/5 stars

Timequake by Kurt Vonnegut – I’m definitely not a Vonnegut fan. 3/5 stars

Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer by John Grisham – Why is Grisham writing YA fiction? I refuse to grade it.

The Demon's Surrender by Sarah Rees Brennan - Most things made sense, some seemed a little forced. I liked the first book better. 3/5 stars

Steampunk: A doua revolutie by Adrian Craciun - *big grin* Favorite stories: “Lungul drum din cer spre casa” by Marian Truta and “De la tigani” by George Lazar. 4/5 stars (not biased at all!)

Calculating God by Robert J. Sawyer – If it hadn’t been so depressing because of the cancer issue, it would have been really good. 3/5 stars

The Neutronium Alchemist by Peter F. Hamilton – Just as good as the first book from the trilogy. I can’t wait to get my hands on the next book! 4/5 stars

Shades of Gray by Jasper Fforde - Same issues like with The Eyre Affair, only that this one is a dystopia. 3/5 stars

Boneshaker by Cherie Priest – It was sort of fun, but it didn’t live up to the hype. 3/5 stars

Ilium by Dan Simmons – A mix of several concepts that don’t quite match. Unfortunately it’s well written so I’m forced to give it 4/5 stars

The Vampire Diaries series by L.J. Smith - I only read it because I’m watching the TV series, which by the way is awesome. Reading the books though was like pulling teeth. 2/5 stars

No comments: