Friday, May 31, 2013

2013 May Reading List

The Prince of Mist by Carlos Ruiz Zafon – This isn’t the type of fantasy I usually enjoy, but Zafon’s prose is too beautiful to pass on. 3/5 stars

Barrayar by Lois McMaster Bujold – I liked Shards of Honor better, but this one was good too. 4/5 stars

Mistborn 2: The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson – Just as enjoyable as the first book, and it’s obvious that Sanderson’s writing has improved since. Cool twists. 4/5 stars

Mistborn 3: The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson – I loved this entire series, and I’m absolutely floored by how well the book was plotted. I didn’t care that much about the ending, but I’ll let this one slide.  4/5 star

Have Spacesuit, Will Travel by Robert A. Heinlein – I must say that Heinlein’s humor is much better than this particular book. Each time I wanted to put it down, I ran into a line that made me laugh so I gave it one more chance. 3/5 stars

The Curse of Chalion by Lois McMaster Bujold – Too slow, too wordy, too preachy. And Caz in not as exciting as he could have been. Pouts. Quite a disappointment after Bujold’s sci fi books. 3/5 stars

No comments: