Saturday, November 30, 2013

2013 November Reading List


Well, this is an embarrassingly short list. I blame it on Nano for ruining my social and reading time this month. Besides, the first two books are big and wordy and it took me a week for each just to start on them.

The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch – If someone removed the interludes, this would be a great book. It’s too wordy the way it is now. The Gentleman Bastards are, of course, a hoot! 4/5 stars 

Beyond the Shadows by Brent Weeks – This one seemed a little uneven, especially in the second part, and the last battle scene is huge, but a fine conclusion in the end. 4/5 stars

Inferno by Dan Brown - I'm half way through it, but while a considerable improvement compared to The Last Symbol, the infodump is huge. I'm basically reading it because the action takes place in Florence, still there's no chance it will get any better from this point forward. 3/5 stars

No comments: