Saturday, November 16, 2013

Story: "Nu-mi călca pe Umbră, doar..." and "Ferestrele timpului" News

Some of you might wonder if I still write Romanian short stories now that I seem to be so busy with publishing English ebooks. The short answer is yes. The long answer is a little more complicated.

Almost a year ago, I wrote a short story and submitted it to "Revista de povestiri" (Short Story Magazine - it's a printed magazine or it used to be until recently). The story was accepted for publication, but there was a waiting line since they received many submissions so... I waited. Until last month when they announced the magazine was forced to discontinue its publication because of lack of funds. O-kay. This left me with a cute little story I didn't quite know what to do with. You might be tempted to think that's not a problem since stories don't ask to be fed, but the thing is stories are written to be read.

About the same time, a new on-line fiction magazine was created, Fictiuni.ro run by Eugen Lengel. The first issue looked good, and I was already considering writing something for it when my little story became homeless. Well, it's not homeless anymore. You can read it in issue no. 2, November, 2013, of Fictiuni.ro:

Nu-mi călca pe Umbră, doar…

The issue also includes an article by Stefan Ghidoveanu in which he talks about "Ferestrele timpului" (Windows of Time) and what it takes to make an anthology.

From Mr. Ghidoveanu's blog we find out that "Ferestrele timpului" will be launched at 15:00 on Sunday, November 24, at Gaudeamus book fair in Bucharest.

No comments: