Friday, October 31, 2014

2014 October Reading List



The Warrior’s Apprentice by Lois McMaster Bujold – This was one of my favorite reads this year. When I grow up, I want to make my readers feel the way I did while reading it. :D 4/5 stars Amazon Bookdepository

Unlocked: An Oral History of Haden’s Syndrome by John Scalzi – Too many narrators to keep track of all of them. After the first couple of pages, I just read without bothering to pay attention to who was speaking. Not an overly exciting read in the end. 3/5 stars Amazon Tor

Lock In by John Scalzi – Much better than the novella, though I never quite felt the hero was in real danger. 4/5 stars Amazon Bookdepository

The Forever Watch by David Ramirez – Surprisingly good, especially for a debut novel. 4/5 stars Amazon Bookdepository

Retribution Falls (Tales of the Ketty Jay #1) by Chris Wooding – Fun and full of adventures but I couldn’t quite connect with any of the characters. The editing could have been better too. 3/5 stars Amazon Bookdepository

Comisarul Corcodusa de Adrian Buzdugan – One of my favorite Romanian contemporary writers, Adrian Buzdugan took a huge risk with this novel as humor is received differently by different people. As far as I'm concerned, he succeeded. 4/5 stars Elefant Carturesti

No comments: