Friday, March 20, 2015

Indie Friday Feature

There's a lot of talk about how indie writers support each other, or if they don't, they should, so this is my bit of support brought to our cause. I'm starting a new blog feature called "Indie Friday". As the title suggests, it will be a series of guest posts written by self-published writers in which they talk about one of their books.

Schedule: every Friday

Eligible Participants: self-published writers

Featured Works: novels published in the past 12 months

Accepted Genres: fiction only, sci fi and fantasy preferred, no erotica and religious books

Guest Post Guidelines:

- format - essay touching several of the following points:
  • What is your book about? Tell me in your own words, not the book description.
  • How did you get the idea for the book?
  • What does your book bring new to its genre?
  • What struggles did you encounter while writing this book?
  • What was the most satisfying moment while writing this book?
  • What do you hope to accomplish with this book?
- length: 400 - 1,000 words

How it works:

1. Send me an email with the Subject: Indie Friday: [Book title] by [Author name] at ioanacvisan[at]gmail[dot]com.
Include Goodreads link and a link where I can read a sample.
I reserve the right to decline any requests concerning books I don't find fit for this blog.

2. If I accept your request, I'll tell you the next available date or we can agree on a different one (still a Friday).
Two days before the scheduled date or sooner, you need to email me:
- guest post text (.doc or .rtf file or pasted in the body of the email)
- book cover (.jpg or .png)
- author website and/or blog link
- book purchase links
- twitter account or other social media presence

Once the post goes live, you will be notified via Twitter or email.

Each post will be tweeted to 20,000 Twitter followers, shared with 1,800 Facebook fans and 260 Google+ followers.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Check the books featured on Indie Friday here.

No comments: