Friday, October 2, 2015

Indie Friday: Time Has Past - In pursuit of the Ripper


Guest post by Graeme Taylor


I think, like a lot of people, I always thought that I would love to write a novel. It eventually happened, although I did wait until I was in my fifties to make it happen. I don't know where I got the idea from to write a Fictional Story based on Historic events, it just seemed to pop into my head. It took a little bit of research but that wasn't a problem as you might expect the World Wide Web is full of information about the Ripper.

I suppose the inspiration to write my novel came from the publication of my poetry book, after years of writing the odd poem here and there and losing some in the process, I decided to self-publish. It was a great feeling seeing my poetry book on the Amazon Website. The feeling grew when the novel appeared about 20 months later  

My book is a fascinating premise: what if you could go back in time and discover just who Jack the Ripper really was? And what if you got embroiled in this spate of gruesome murders and got a whole lot more than you’d bargained for. Time has Past (good pun I think ) cleverly combines the known facts and timelines about the Ripper with an evocative and atmospheric tale that explores the darker side of human nature.

There have been many books written about Jack the Ripper both Fictional and ones based on Fact. This book takes on the story with an unusual twist. It involves a man who stumbles onto a Portal, a gateway to the past, how does he react to such a situation, and how involved will he let himself get. Would that involvement change History and distort the timeline?            

Peter Haines had such a dilemma, he was a retired Army Sergeant; his life was uneventful until the day he fell into a world he could never have imagined. A world that became an obsession. He found himself in a grim Era of English History, a sordid past shrouded in murder and terrible atrocities, it was a world he could not dismiss. The year was 1888 in London’s Victorian Past. It was the time and place where the Ripper carried out his horrendous deeds. It led Peter into a series of circumstances beyond his control, circumstances impossible to imagine, it turned into a Nightmare. 

~~~~
 
Time Has Past - In pursuit of the Ripper by Graeme Taylor
 
Available on:
Amazon

Official website: http://www.graytoon.co.uk/


No comments: