Monday, February 29, 2016

2016 February Reading List

City of Blades by Robert Jackson Bennett – This one was a bit of a disappointment for me. While I loved City of Stairs, I found the long exposition bits made the story drag in City of Stairs, the present tense was jarring, and towards the end it turns into one big melee in which everyone suffers terribly and dies. It took me over two weeks to finish it and that hardly ever happens to me. 4/5 stars 

Stars Above by Marissa Meyer – Enjoyable prequel-like short stories, some of them I already knew, and nice fluff that wraps it all up at the end. 3/5 stars 

Mineral by Danut Ungureanu and Marian Truta – I was surprised when I failed to enjoy this one after liking Vegetal quite a bit. However, here I found the story too disjointed, I couldn’t connect with any of the characters, and the language and especially the dialogues didn’t sit well with me. 3/5 stars

No comments: